So, tonight was the first week of series 3 of The Great British Bake Off on BBC 2. This is the highlight of my summer and I always find it inspiring. I applied this year, but I soon realised I’d be way way way out of my depth.
Anyway, I took a few things from this week’s challenges:
- I really fancy some apple-toffee upside down cake
- Tomato cake is just plain wrong
- Blue sponge should be forbidden
- A cupcake shape within a cake is genius
- I hate cream and fruit together
- I really must expand my baking repertoire
I don’t have a favourite just yet, but there are some talented bakers in this series. Bring on next week!